The cold and snowy weather makes me crave soup! There is something so special about enjoying a bowl of soup cozied up inside on a cold winter day.
There are a few reasons why I love soup so much:
1) It's the ultimate comfort food - I love hearing my soup simmer on the stovetop while I am doing things around the house (the aroma is also amazing).
2) One pot meal - soups can be so simple, throw everything in a big pot and let it simmer away!
3) Nutrient dense - you can add so many different vegetables to soup, packing it with vitamins, minerals, and fibre!
4) You can make large batches. Every time I make a soup I make a large batch and freeze some for a busy winter night.
5) It warms you up on a cold winter day.
This soup is packed with protein, fibre, and antioxidants. Get cozy and enjoy!
Makes 6-8 servings
8 cups vegetable broth
4 carrots, diced
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 celery stalks, chopped
2 cans white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Salt and black pepper to taste
1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Pesto for topping (1 tbsp. per bowl)
Chop carrots, onion, and celery.
Heat a large pot on medium-high with vegetable oil. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Sprinkle with some salt and black pepper and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
Add 8 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling lower heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add white kidney beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Remove from heat, set aside and blend using hand mixer or blender, until you get a creamy consistency.
When serving, top with 1 tbsp. pesto.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as my family and I did. If you try it, please let me know. I love hearing your feedback.
Cheers to happy and healthy eating!
Until next time,
Eat Right Feel Right - Angela XO