Chocolate Coconut Energy Bites
These little bites are packed with energy, protein, healthy fats, and fibre! The chocolate coating makes them an extra special nutritious and delicious holiday treat.
Makes 10-12 energy bites (more or less depending on your rolling technique).
[if !supportLists]· [endif]10-12 Medjool dates, pitted
[if !supportLists]· [endif]1/2 cup rolled oats
[if !supportLists]· [endif]1/4 cup shredded coconut
[if !supportLists]· [endif]2 tbsp. hemp seeds
[if !supportLists]· [endif]1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
[if !supportLists]· [endif]1.5 cups dark chocolate chips or pieces (your choice)
[if !supportLists]· [endif]1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
[if !supportLists]· [endif]Sea salt (optional)
1. Blend everything together in a food processor. You may need to separate the dates if any clumping happens. The mixture will look somewhat dry, but don't worry.
2. Take about 1-2 tablespoons worth and roll into small balls.
3. Place balls on parchment lined tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes before coating.
1. Use a double broiler or microwave to melt your dark chocolate. If using a microwave make sure to heat in 30-45 second increments (stir and keep heating until chocolate is fully melted and smooth).
2. Let the heated chocolate sit for 2 minutes before dipping.
3. Dip each ball completely into the chocolate, using a spoon. Once completely coated, set aside on parchment lined tray. Option to roll in sea salt OR shredded coconut.
4. Once coated with chocolate and desired toppings, keep in fridge for 1 hour or until the chocolate fully hardens.
Side note: keep in fridge for up to 1 week.
I hope you get to enjoy these chocolate coconut energy bites with your loved ones this holiday season.
Cheers to happy and healthy eating! :)
Until next time,
Eat Right Feel Right - Angela XO