These little bites are packed with energy, protein, healthy fats, and fibre! The chocolate coating makes them an extra special nutritious and delicious holiday treat.
Makes 10-12 energy bites (more or less depending on your rolling technique).
· 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted
· 1/2 cup rolled oats
· 1/4 cup shredded coconut
· 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
· 1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
· 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips or pieces (your choice)
· 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
· Sea salt (optional)
1. Blend everything together in a food processor. You may need to separate the dates if any clumping happens. The mixture will look somewhat dry, but don't worry.
2. Take about 1-2 tablespoons worth and roll into small balls.
3. Place balls on parchment lined tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes before coating.
1. Use a double broiler or microwave to melt your dark chocolate. If using a microwave make sure to heat in 30-45 second increments (stir and keep heating until chocolate is fully melted and smooth).
2. Let the heated chocolate sit for 2 minutes before dipping.
3. Dip each ball completely into the chocolate, using a spoon. Once completely coated, set aside on parchment lined tray. Option to roll in sea salt OR shredded coconut.
4. Once coated with chocolate and desired toppings, keep in fridge for 1 hour or until the chocolate fully hardens.
Side note: keep in fridge for up to 1 week.
I hope you get to enjoy these chocolate coconut energy bites with your loved ones this holiday season.
Cheers to happy and healthy eating! :)
Until next time,
Eat Right Feel Right - Angela XO